Friday 9 May 2014

HOW TO AVOID MANY REGRETS IN LIFE [part II]


I wish I had trusted my gut rather than listening to everyone else.
Making your own decisions and feeling confident in the decisions you make gives us fulfilment and joy from life. Going against your gut only breeds resentment and bitterness.

I wish I’d taken better care of myself.
Premature health problems or ageing always makes you wonder if you’d eaten healthier, exercised more and been less stressed, would you be where you are today?

I wish I’d taken more risks.
Everyone has their own idea of what’s risky, but you know when you’re living too much in your comfort zone. In hindsight, some people feel they missed out on a lot of adventure life has to offer.

I wish I’d had more time.
Many people say time speeds up as we age. The six weeks of summer holidays we had as kids certainly seemed to last a lifetime. If time speeds up, then it’s even more important to make the most of every moment.

I wish I hadn’t worried so much.
If you’ve ever kept a diary and looked back, you’ll probably wonder why you ever got so worked up over

I wish I’d appreciated more.
The consequences of taking people for granted are always hard to deal with.

I wish I’d spent more time with my family.
Some people get caught up with work, move to other parts of the world, grow old with grudges against family members only to realise their priorities were in the wrong place.

I wish I hadn’t taken myself so seriously.
Life is just more fun when you can laugh at yourself.

I wish I’d done more for other people.
Doing things for others just makes life more meaningful.

I wish I could have felt happier.
The realisation that happiness is a state of mind that you can control sometimes doesn’t occur to people until it’s too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INFO BASKET values your comments greatly